1. Search "odbc" in the Start menu and open "ODBC Data Sources (32-bit)".
2. Click Add button under the User DSN tab.
3. Select iSeries Access ODBC Driver from the list and click Finish.
4. Under the General tab, type "VAI" for "Data source name". Make sure "System" is set to "alpha-odbc.lyndendoor.com".
5. Click Connection Options button. Type in your ODBC username (ex. JohnS) and make sure the settings are set similar to the screenshot below.
6. Under the Server tab, type "R50Files R50ALL R50MODS" under the Library List field (without the quotes). Then, select "Limit to Read/Call" option under Connection Type. Click OK.
VAI queries can now be run from Excel.